Our fantastic Ambassador Paul Rose visited a Naval Corvette being prepared for sinking as an artificial Reef in Madeira recently. When he came back he wrote this article for Sport Diver Magazine that talks about our project: A SURPRISING WILD PLACE, A WARSHIP FOR SINKING AND NO DIVING! THE WILD SELVAGENS Our expedition to the […]
We were very pleased to help out the Hindu Community and The Royal Navy by providing them with a suitable location to lay a marble figure to rest. Members of the British Hindu community gathered aboard a Naval Service ship for an historic ceremony at sea. Royal Fleet Auxiliary Wave Ruler hosted members of the […]
Huge thanks to Paul Rose for his most welcome support of Wreck to Reef: http://www.paulrose.org/article/wreck-reef About Paul A man at the front line of exploration and one of the world’s most experienced divers, field science and polar experts, Paul Rose helps scientists unlock and communicate global mysteries in the most remote and challenging regions of the […]
We have just had this notification from Cindy Rodaway at The Maritime and Coastguard Agency: As you are aware that MRCC Portland will cease communications during the week 15th – 18th September and will be transferred to the New National Maritime Operations Centre at Fareham.
The project got some great coverage from the Dorset Echo yesterday… read the article here Reef project could yield £60m over decade PEOPLE are being urged to throw their support behind an underwater project that could bring £60million to Weymouth and Portland over 10 years. Wreck to Reef aims to sink two ships on a square kilometre […]
We are being asked if the Fabrica REEF is available to dive. This is not one of the two Ex-war ships that we are planning but the first of hopefully many contributions within the Community area of the Wreck to Reef project. It can be dived but we would ask that the 5 cameras that […]
The Fabrica REEF project is being sunk today! To watch live and see footage from cameras on board as it sinks be sure to sign up here:http://reef.launchrock.com/
This August, artist Simon Faithfull’ will purposefully sink a boat in Weymouth Bay, south-coast of England. The event will be broadcast live to viewers via a downloadable app.
Original article from The Cornish Guardian A Navy Frigate sunk off the Cornish coast to create Europe’s first artificial diving reef has generated tens of millions of pounds for the local economy. HMS Scylla, an ex-Royal Navy Leander Class frigate, was sent to the bottom of Whitsand Bay on March 27, 2004, in spectacular fashion […]
Reef Monitoring Dives (Summer 2013) – NOC Scientific Diving Team University of Southampton Please click the pictures below to view the slides…
BBC News Coverage
- Dorset reef group unsuccessful in £2.1m bid
- Dorset ship-sinking reef planners in £2.1m bid
- First lobsters for Weymouth and Portland’s artificial reef
- Weymouth reef set to boost lobster population
- Fishing net blocking part of HMS Scylla wreck reef
- Fireworks as HMAS Adelaide scuttled off Australia
- Artificial reef ‘will boost area’
- Ship reef plan ‘still a reality’
- Sunk Scylla reef generates £25m
- Artificial reef ship plan mooted
- Wreck to Reef Update, January 2013 January 14, 2013
- Diving Fabrica REEF August 12, 2014
- Reef Monitoring Dives 2013 January 23, 2014
- Artifical reef has generated millions for the Cornish economy April 7, 2014
- Fabrica – REEF July 29, 2014
- Great words from Paul Rose… June 3, 2016
- Hindu Ceremony on Wreck to Reef Site May 13, 2016
- Huge thanks to Paul Rose for his most welcome support of Wreck to Reef April 29, 2015
- Portland Coastguard Update… August 28, 2014
- Dorset Echo coverage… August 26, 2014
- admin: Hi Steve, The webcams are at . But Fabrica are ha...
- Steve Williams: How do we access the webcam And are people allowe...
- Simply Scuba Blog » Wreck to Reef: […] You can offer your support by taking a m...
- New wreck on the horizon | Fearless Scuba Diving Weymouth: [...] http://www.wrecktoreef.co.uk/aims-goals/ [.....
- Lobsters get a helping hand in Weymouth | Fearless Scuba Diving Weymouth: [...] Location Chart | Wreck to Reefundefined [......