Here is a list of the video footage ITV in the UK has kindly taken: http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/search/?q=lobsters
Author Archive | admin
Sean Webb spoke with Tim Ecott from Radio Voice of Russia about the Wreck to Reef Project. You can listen to the interview by clicking this button
When: 6th November 2013. (Weather Permitting) Where: Weymouth Bay, Dorset. Why: Lobster restocking is practical conservation; it redresses the balance. More details below. In a ground breaking initiative to halt the decline in our seas, ordinary people have taken things into their own hands in order to do something about it! A community group on […]
Lobster Restocking Earlier this year at a meeting with the Southern Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority (IFCA) at their, Technical Advisory Committee (TAC), it was decided to approve the advancement of the W2R application for £19,500.00 to purchase 12,000 juvenile lobsters from the National Lobster Hatchery to seed our purpose built reef. In addition to […]
Good news.. we just had the nod from PADI that we can say we have their full support for the project.. PADI Website
At a meeting with the Southern Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority (IFCA) at their, Technical Advisory Committee (TAC), it was decided to approve the advancement of the W2R application for £19,500.00 to purchase 12,000 juvenile lobsters from the National Lobster Hatchery to seed our purpose built reef.
This information was reported by BBC news from an interview we gave late last year. While we are now actively seeking media coverage, we are learning fast that sometimes the media can unintentionally mix up some of those facts and figures. The figure actually given was £20,000:00 and over a three year period, not one […]
W2R Update December 2012 The first artificial reef is now on the seabed and maturing nicely in readiness to stock with Juvenile lobsters! Yes, after 3 years spent acquiring all necessary permissions to develop Britain’s first artificial reef sanctuary, the first of four reefs has been laid. Lobster Restocking Reef 1,750 ton of specially graded […]
24/11/11 09:32 Three major events have occurred recently. The first is that the moratorium imposed in British waters on artificial reefs since HMS Scylla was scuttled near Plymouth in order to assess whether there is any detrimental effect on the environment has now been lifted by the secretary of State for the Environment. This has […]
08/08/11 15:04 The Wreck to Reef FEPA Deposit Licence Application has been submitted to the Marine Management Organisation and has been advertised and sent out for consultation to the various Statutory Authorities. A few minor amendments have been requested which we are currently addressing and we are hopeful that the licence will be in place […]
BBC News Coverage
- Dorset reef group unsuccessful in £2.1m bid
- Dorset ship-sinking reef planners in £2.1m bid
- First lobsters for Weymouth and Portland’s artificial reef
- Weymouth reef set to boost lobster population
- Fishing net blocking part of HMS Scylla wreck reef
- Fireworks as HMAS Adelaide scuttled off Australia
- Artificial reef ‘will boost area’
- Ship reef plan ‘still a reality’
- Sunk Scylla reef generates £25m
- Artificial reef ship plan mooted
- Diving Fabrica REEF August 12, 2014
- Wreck to Reef Update, January 2013 January 14, 2013
- Reef Monitoring Dives 2013 January 23, 2014
- Artifical reef has generated millions for the Cornish economy April 7, 2014
- Fabrica – REEF July 29, 2014
- Great words from Paul Rose… June 3, 2016
- Hindu Ceremony on Wreck to Reef Site May 13, 2016
- Huge thanks to Paul Rose for his most welcome support of Wreck to Reef April 29, 2015
- Portland Coastguard Update… August 28, 2014
- Dorset Echo coverage… August 26, 2014
- admin: Hi Seb, No you do not need permission to dive the...
- Seb: Hello, I have a couple of questions please: ...
- Matthew Wootton: Hi, I'm interested to know how the webcams are pe...
- admin: Hi Steve, The webcams are at . But Fabrica are ha...
- Steve Williams: How do we access the webcam And are people allowe...